Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count TwitterCounter for @nimzoindy

FAQ about Car Insurance


A car insurance policy with esure offers you more. You get a competitive price, first-rate service and a comprehensive package of benefits included in your policy - like a free courtesy car if your car is being repaired by one of our recommended repairers. Below are some frequently ask question:

1. Can I get a quote if I don't have a registration number?

Yes. We understand that there may be circumstances where you won't have the registration number of the car you want to insure - it may be that you're thinking of changing cars and want to find out how much it would cost to insure. You can select from our list of cars to get a quotation, but if you decide that you want to buy a policy, then you will need to know the registration number.

Please note that you can't use the same no claim discount on more than one policy at the same time.

2. Can I cover a personally imported car?

Yes, but only if the car is, or has been, available as a standard production model in the United Kingdom and has a United Kingdom registration number.

3. Do I need to provide evidence of my no claim discount?

Yes, if you decide to take out a policy with us you will need to provide evidence of your no claim discount.

Your proof of no claim discount is usually one of the documents in your renewal invitation from your most recent insurer. It shows the number of years' no claim discount you have earned. We only accept original proof from UK insurers, relating to a no claim discount which has been earned on a private car insurance policy. We cannot return your evidence of no claim discount once it has been used for your esure policy.

The document must show:

* the number of years' no claim discount you've earned;
* the expiry date of your last insurance policy; and
* any claims you have made

If there has been a gap since your previous motor insurance expired, we will require a short covering letter giving the reasons for the break in cover.

We are unable to accept the following documents as proof of no claim discount:

* If proof of no claim is over two years old.
* Photocopies or faxes
* Certificates of insurance
* Insurance quotations
* Proof of no claim already used on another policy
* Broker or intermediary letters (however, there are some that we do accept, including the AA, RAC and AXA. If in doubt please call our contact centre)

4. I've been driving a company car for the last few years. Will you give me a no claim discount?

If you are a company car user who is moving to your own insurance then we will require a letter from your employer confirming:

* that you were the sole user of the company vehicle;
* the dates you were covered under the company car scheme,
* details of any claims which occurred during this period and whether these were settled on a fault or non fault basis; and
* that you no longer have a company car and that no more than 3 months have elapsed since you left the company car scheme.

5. What is protected no claim discount for life?

Protected no claim discount for life guarantees that you will not lose your no claim discount for the life of your policy, regardless of the number of claims you may have providing your policy remains in force and you continue to be eligible for this benefit. You may be able to add it for an additional annual premium at the start of your period of cover, if you have four or more years’ no claim discount. No claim discount protection for life can only be added to your policy at the start of the period of cover, and is a benefit that relates to your no claim discount only. It does not protect you against any other changes in your premium.

6. Can you explain the full claims process to me?

If you would like some more information about making a claim on your car insurance, click here to go to our car insurance Claims FAQs page.

7. What should I do if my circumstances change during the period of insurance?

You must tell us as soon as possible if any of the following occur:

1. you make changes to your car which improves its value, performance or attractiveness to thieves
2. you change your car
3. you want to use your car for a purpose not included in your schedule
4. you become aware of any medical condition of any driver named on the policy which may affect their ability to drive
5. you or any other driver named on the policy are convicted of a motoring offence other than fixed-penalty parking offences
6. you change the address where you normally keep your car
7. you or any other driver named on the policy change your occupation
8. you change your annual mileage.

We may then re-assess your cover and premium. If you don't tell us about any relevant changes, we may reject or reduce any claim or treat you as being uninsured. We may charge you an administration fee for any changes you make to your policy details during the period of cover. This is shown in your policy schedule.

8. Am I covered when I drive abroad?

Your policy will provide the cover required for Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands, and during sea journeys between these places.
It also provides the MINIMUM cover you need by law to use your car in:

1. any country which is a member of the European Union; and
2. any other country for which the Commission of the European Community is satisfied that arrangements have been made to meet the requirements of EC Directives on insurance.

If you ask, we can provide an international motor insurance certificate (Green Card). This will provide less cover than you have at home. The maximum period that you are covered for is 90 days.

In return for any extra premium we may charge, we'll extend the level of cover provided by your policy to named countries in Europe, and certain other countries outside Europe, as well as giving you an international motor insurance certificate (Green Card). This extension to your level of cover doesn't include motoring legal protection and breakdown assistance cover. Your car will also be covered while being carried by a recognised carrier between those countries for the period shown on the Green Card.

9. What can I use my car for?

Your online cover allows use of your car for social, domestic and pleasure purposes, commuting to and from a permanent place of work and allows personal business use for you and your spouse, if named on the policy.

You are not covered to use your car for commercial travelling, any purpose in connection with the motor trade, carriage of goods or passengers for hire or reward, racing, pacemaking, speed testing, rallies, trials, competitions, 4x4 off road events and track days.

10. How do I get my Certificate of Motor Insurance?

Your Certificate of Motor Insurance is held on our system and will be posted to your contact address by first class mail.

Bookmark and Share


Post a Comment